Thursday, December 24, 2015

3d Frame Card Deer

Hi out there!!! I'm here to show you what I did with Lori's 3d Frame Card Deer cut file! I had a blast making this. I needed something quick and darling so I could get a thank you note out. Lori to the rescue! I'm up on the Lori Whitlock blog as a guest designer today! Check it out HERE.

I bought the deer version of this card because I love deer but also because it has a ton of things you can add/subtract/move around. You'll see that my card doesn't use half of the parts that you receive with the cut file! I love that I have so much more to play with!

I really wanted to keep it simple. I grabbed Lori's A Story of Christmas and went to work. The woodgrain in this collection is scrumptious and I wanted to get that in there and highlight it. So when I went to put the frame layer over the edges, I decided to leave it alone instead. It's it pretty!?

I also loved her "believe" sentiment and the whimsy it brought out in me. It just makes me want to stand in the middle of a snow flurry! But alas, I am in California where 55 is a "freezing" day. Snow flurries will have to be left to the imagination. I reinforced the believe in the back by putting foam dots one on top of another until it reached the hight of the frame. This gave the sentiment a lot of stability.

Did you see that darling snowman on the stickers page? I had to use him. I added some black stickles for his buttons as well as his hat and added an enamel dot to the holly. Done and darling.

Lastly, I cut out two snowflakes using the dies that coordinate with this collection. I saved the centers of them (the stars) and put those around as well. I added some stickles to the little stars to give them some shine.

That's it! Easy peasy! I attached it to an A2 card base, cut out an envelope box (that comes with the cut file!!!), tied some twine around it and I was ready to roll! Grab this 3d Frame Card Deer cut file and make it yours! You'll love it!


Recipe:

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS